On Wed 31 Oct 2012 10:01:51 PM EDT, Zhu Wayne wrote:

I am not sure why httpd still user Python 2.4 instead of 2.6? I have
to point /usr/bin/python -> python2.6 instead of python2.4.

Linux wihadoopn302p.dev.ch3.s.com 2.6.18-308.13.1.el5 #1 SMP Thu Jul
26 05:45:09 EDT 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

How did you install ReviewBoard? Did you install it with the EPEL 5 RPMs I produced? If so, those were compiled against python 2.4 because that is the standard version shipped with RHEL/CentOS 5.x. The main reason for this is that the dependent packages (such as Django) are also built against that version and therefore all need to remain compatible.

If you installed ReviewBoard with easy_install, you need to first ensure that the default 'python' binary on your system is python26 (such as via the symlink) *before* running easy_install. Otherwise it will pick the default, which as mentioned above is python 2.4.