On 2012-11-20 17:54, DXM wrote:
Thank you for the reply, guys. I wonder if I could just write my own
stand-alone service (listening on port 8080) that could sit on the gitlab
box and just serve up the output of 'git show..." command.

If you can run git against something that looks like a git checkout (I think a bare repo would work also) on the Gitlab server, that should work. (But I would still recommend putting in a feature request for Gitlab :-).)

I couldn't do that with gitorious because there aren't readily accessible repositories; I would have needed to clone the gitorious repo for such a service (and at that point, you might as well keep the clone where RB can talk to it directly).