I think the interface for uploading diffs is very minimalistic and vague
about what to do.  The first time, without fail, any of our developers have
tried to use the upload diff interface it has failed to work properly and
results in an error about not being able to apply the diff or being unable
to find the parent revision.  This has led to me spending time with each of
these developers to train them how to properly upload diffs.  I'd say
something there is very broken if it doesn't work like people are expecting
it to work and it doesn't have a clear explanation of what it is expecting.

Also, if the diff can't be applied properly, it should show an error on the
upload screen about it.  They shouldn't have to click "view diff" every
time to make sure it uploaded correctly.

I think saying "the fix for the confusing interface is to not use the
interface and to use the command line tool instead" is not actually a
solution to the problem.  It is also not an option for everyone (like our
Skins team who just does CSS and Javascript and is scared of the command
line).

We have them using reviewboard, but they will only upload their diffs
manually.  They have run into this same kind of problem, and it just makes
the tool "overly complicated" and "not worth the time to learn".

Giving this kind of "solution" to a problem is not only insufficient, but
it also shows that the problem is real and the tool is lacking in
functionality and clearness.  If it's not understandable and usable, then
it's broken.  If it's broken, then it needs to be fixed.  The correct "fix"
should not be "use something else".

That being said, it is open source, so I'd love to see the diff of changes
that Will made.  They'd probably be helpful for our users too.