In order to ease reviews and pushing request updates, I would like to record the git branch name of a request, and retrieve it again via a shell command. Has anyone done this? Can anyone offer any pointers?

Coaxing post-review into putting the branch name into the change number would be a short term solution (longer term I would rather have the SHA there). Another would be an RB extension to add a custom field. In the latter case, does anyone have an example of doing this, both in terms of the extension, and also how to retrieve the value from the server?

--
Matthew