I think it'd make sense for post-review to be able to populate the branch
name with the nearest origin branch, which is the typical pattern. Not sure
about the local branch being used, though.

Internally, custom data can be associated with a review request, but the
API for modifying this isn't there just yet. It needs to be added.

After 1.7, my plan is to start on better repository integration and DVCS
support, which would end up tracking branch information, amongst other
things. I have a post somewhere on reviewboard-dev explaining some of my
thoughts, if you have any specific requirements I should consider in my
plans.

There's no extension that does this to my knowledge, but then again, I
don't think there are many extensions out yet.