Hi Jeff,

I'm really sorry about that and I wish it could have been smoother.

The static media change was forced on us by Django. The upgrade script couldn't
make the necessary changes, due to both not knowing the right details during
upgrade and the variety of server configurations. I tried to make sure it
explained the changes needed, and have it make sure you had to acknowledge
before using the site again on order to be sure changes were made. I guess the
Location stuff was missing. Sorry about that, and we'll get it into the next
release. I'll also document it today.

We perform database config upgrading, but my guess is maybe the old settings
file didn't have something in an upgradable format that we'd recognize. I can
work to make this smoother too, though I'd need to know more about when your
settings_local.py file was created.

I know it wasn't the smoothest upgrade, and I wish it worked better. We really
fought to make Django's mandatory changes less of a pain, but there are things
that just require manual intervention, and there are clearly corner cases.
Believe me when I say, it could have been worse.

All I can say is, we'll try to make this smoother for new users, write up some
docs, and that the hard part is over. Future upgrades should work a lot better.

Christian