Hi,

Installing on a distro with a modern Python is probably your best bet.
Certainly, something weird is happening with your import list.

You cannot downgrade your database. It just won't work.

To put a 1.6.4 database in a 1.7.1 install, you first need to create a 1.6.4
installation, use your existing conf/settings_local.py file (in order to retain
the salt for any encryption)

You can install this release with:

    sudo easy_install ReviewBoard==1.6.4

Note that being an older 1.6.x release, it may not be as specific with versions
if Django and Djblets, so there may be work needed to get the right version.
I'm not at a computer right now, so I can't give you exact versions, but Django
1.3.x is necessary, and you can check our setup.py for the Djblets version.

Make sure to do this on a system prior to installing 1.7.

Then you can import your 1.6.4 SQL dump, then upgrade ReviewBoard, and then do
the typical site upgrade.

If you're using a VM, I'd take a snapshot before the 1.7 upgrade.

Christian