> Repairing this would require going into the database viewer in the
administration UI, locating the Change Description table for the change (we
don't give you the easiest ways to do that, so you'll have to try narrowing
it down by date), and fixing the content to be valid JSON. YMMV.

When I go to the database viewer in the admin UI and click on the link for
'Change descriptions', I get the same 500 error and the same Django error
stacktrace.  So I can't access any of the change descriptions through the
UI. That's on the 1.5.5 server. I haven't tried it on the 1.6 server.