Hi.  Thanks for ReviewBoard!  And thanks in advance for any time or help
you can offer...

I'm trying to set up my own instance of ReviewBoard for the first time, and
I've got the reviewboard site running now (version 1.7.1), and a local git
repository.

But I'm having trouble when I go to the Add Repository webpage
http://<server>/reviews/admin/db/scmtools/repository/add/ and choose to add
the path to my repository (/var/git/Intent/.git) and save changes, I get
the following error: Unable to retrieve information from local Git
repository

I have double checked permissions, and am able, as the apache user (which
runs the website) to execute the command "git --git-dir=/var/git/Intent.git
config core.repositoryformatversion" it returns a result of 0, which seems
good.

Can you help figure out what's causing this error or provide debugging
suggestions?

Thank you,
Jonathan