Hi Chuck,

I always recommend backing up your database first, but you should be able to
upgrade from 1.6.1 to 1.7.4 without any real problems.

There is a bug that some people hit a while back in older versions that
introduced some stale upgrade data in the database. I meant to get a final fix
out in 1.7.4, but it slipped. If your 'rb-site upgrade' complains about fields
that already exist or something, e-mail and I'll give you the solution.
Otherwise, you shouldn't have any problems.