Not sure if I understood it correctly.

I'm using egit plugin with eclipse and I have cloned the particular branch
'dev' into my working copy. Now, after making changes I create a diff.
Hence, while creating diff I have ensured that the branch was 'dev'. Now
when I try to upload it through the UI, it gives an error saying the file
not present (probably because it is trying to get the HEAD of master and
applying a diff of dev branch to generate new revision)

Hence, should there not be any setting while uploading a diff as to
mentioned the target-branch of the repo it should try to apply the patch to?

-Karan

Karan Jain