I got it working!  In case it might be useful for someone else, here's the
general outline of the steps I took:

1. Install CentOS 5.6 VM (I'm migrating from RHEL 5 final release)
2. Add the Fedora EPEL repo.  Instructions
here<http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2012/06/enable-epel-repository/>.
 Make sure to use the EPEL 5/plain EPEL repo, a lot of these steps give you
specifics for 6 only.  Now you can yum install RB and memcached!  The RB
version packaged is 1.5.7 and I was migrating from 1.5.5, but it seems ok
for now.
3. Go through the 1.5 install
instructions<http://www.reviewboard.org/docs/manual/1.5/admin/installation/linux/>
 and
make sure everything is installed.  I only had to do yum installs, I didn't
have to use easy_install.  Luckily, all the packages in CentOS and this way
old EPEL are just old enough to work with this version of RB.
4. My DB is backed up with mysqlhotcopy, so I copied the output directly
into /var/lib/mysql and fixed permissions/ownership, worked fine.
5. Copy the entire site directory over to the new server.
6. Modify httpd.conf and settings_local.py as needed to get running on the
new setup.

Hopefully someone can make use of this info.  Later I'm going to clone the
VM and try to update the site with easy_install to see if I can get a newer
RB version running.