You can add a status=submitted to the query string, so something like
api/review-requests?changenum=$changelist&status=submitted

should get you the Submitted Requests. Same holds for "discarded" status as
well. The default is "pending", which is why you dont see the other
requests. I dont see a way to enter multiple status-es, maybe file an
enhancement request for that?

Regards
Raja