this is the result I ran in debug mode

>>> RBTools 0.4.3
>>> Python 2.7.3 (default, Aug  1 2012, 05:16:07)
[GCC 4.6.3]
>>> Running on Linux-3.2.0-34-generic-pae-i686-with-Ubuntu-12.04-precise
>>> Home = /home/escent
>>> Current Directory = /home/<linuxuser>/src/<projectname>/trunk
>>> Checking the repository type. Errors shown below are mostly harmless.
DEBUG:root:Checking for a Bazaar repository...
DEBUG:root:Running: bzr info
DEBUG:root:repository info: Path:
/home/<linuxuser>/src/<projectname>/trunk, Base path: /, Supports
changesets: False
>>> Finished checking the repository type.
>>> HTTP GETting api/info/
DEBUG:root:Running: bzr diff -q -r submit:..
DEBUG:root:Command exited with rc 3: ['bzr', 'diff', '-q', '-r',
'submit:..']
bzr: ERROR: No submit branch available for branch
"/home/<linuxuser>/src/<projectname>/trunk/"
---
>>> HTTP GETting api/
>>> HTTP GETting http://192.168.0.8/api/info/
>>> Using the new web API
>>> Attempting to create review request on
bzr+ssh://<bzrusername>@bzr.servername.com/bzr/PD/<projectname>/trunk/ for
None
>>> HTTP POSTing to http://192.168.0.8/api/review-requests/: {'repository':
'bzr+ssh://<bzrusername>@bzr.servername.com/bzr/PD/<projectname>/trunk/'}
>>> Review request created
>>> Uploading diff, size: 85
>>> HTTP POSTing to http://192.168.0.8/api/review-requests/21/diffs/:
{'basedir': './'}
>>> Got API Error 219 (HTTP code 400): The specified diff file is empty
>>> Error data: {u'stat': u'fail', u'err': {u'msg': u'The specified diff
file is empty', u'code': 219}}

Error uploading diff

Your review request still exists, but the diff is not attached.