Hi,
was this experiment successful ?
Like some others, I took a snapshot of a working 1.5.5 installation from
Centos 5.5, copied it to a Centos 6.3 machine, and upgraded to 1.6.15, then
to 1.7.6.
That all took 2 months, due to various issues and lack of focus. Today I
took another snapshot of my working 1.5.5 installation, and tried to apply
that. I dropped the working but out-of-date reviewboard table in the 1.7.6
installation, then restored the current .sql file from the 1.5.5 release;
then did
"/usr/bin/python" "/usr/bin/rb-site" upgrade "/var/www/reviewboard". That
produced a site which just sayd 'Something broke." The output from the
upgrade command is:
Error: Model 'reviews.FileAttachmentComment' already has a field named
'extra_data'
Rebuilding directory structure
Updating database. This may take a while.

The log output below, including warnings and errors,
can be ignored unless upgrade fails.

------------------ <begin log output> ------------------
Creating tables ...
Creating table extensions_registeredextension
Creating table accounts_localsiteprofile
Creating table attachments_fileattachment
Creating table diffviewer_filediffdata
Creating table hostingsvcs_hostingserviceaccount
Creating table reviews_fileattachmentcomment
Creating table site_localsite_users
Creating table site_localsite_admins
Creating table site_localsite
Upgrading Review Board from 1.5.5 to 1.7.6
There are unapplied evolutions for auth.
There are unapplied evolutions for accounts.
There are unapplied evolutions for changedescs.
There are unapplied evolutions for diffviewer.
There are unapplied evolutions for reviews.
There are unapplied evolutions for scmtools.
Adding baseline version for new models
Project signature has changed - an evolution is required
Installing custom SQL ...
Installing indexes ...
Installed 0 object(s) from 0 fixture(s)
Registering new SCM Tool Plastic SCM
(reviewboard.scmtools.plastic.PlasticTool) in database

I expect I'm doing something fundamentally wrong, but this seems to be a
common usage model, so perhaps someone can steer me straight ?
Thanks,