We've got a somewhat odd perforce setup that has a single server that can
be addressed a number of ways:

I've patched the post-review tool so that it ignores the aliases, but
anytime I post a review to the server I get a server error indicating the
server can't be found (no repository found).

Is there anyway that the server code can also be patched to ignore aliases?

Running 1.7.6