I'm setting up a brand new Review Board server from scratch on a fresh
Centos 6 linux box.  After installing the prerequisites, I ran

$ easy_install -U ReviewBoard==1.7

One of the packages that was installed by that was

*futures-2.1.3-py2.6.egg*

After creating a new site and restarting httpd, I got the dreaded
'ReviewBoard is taking a nap' page.  I checked the error log and found this:

*IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
'/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/futures-2.1.3-py2.6.egg/EGG-INFO/top_level.txt'
*

Sure enough, the permissions in that directory are:

-rw------- 1 root root   1 Mar 27 10:56 dependency_links.txt

-rw------- 1 root root   1 Mar 27 10:56 not-zip-safe

-rw------- 1 root root 737 Mar 27 10:56 PKG-INFO

-rw------- 1 root root 515 Mar 27 10:56 SOURCES.txt

-rw------- 1 root root  19 Mar 27 10:56 top_level.txt

I changed those all to 622, restarted httpd and successfully got the log in
page.

So I guess this is part bug report and part alert to others who may run
into this.

--Steve