Yes, each server used it's own independent database. They exist on fully 
distinct virtual machines.

This is only the second time this server has been upgraded. The first 
upgrade attempt I did today was run with the older version of 
django_evolution. That might be why the upgrade wasn't successful and why 
some evolutions were already applied. Unfortunately, I was over-confident 
and didn't back up the database prior to my upgrade attempt because the 
first server had upgraded fine. The first server had the newer version of 
django_evolution installed and I failed to check that the second server did 
prior to the upgrade.

I have a backup of the database after the first upgrade attempt.

I did not downgrade or wipe any evolutions.

-Chris

On Monday, April 8, 2013 2:11:02 PM UTC-4, Christian Hammond wrote:
>
> When you mentioned different servers, were these each with their own 
> database?
>
> It's complaining about fields that already existed in 1.6.11, which 
> shouldn't be correct. It's also showing that those evolutions were already 
> applied.
>
> At any point did you ever downgrade or wipe an evolution?
>
> Christian
>
>
> On Apr 8, 2013, at 10:59, Chris Eagan <cea...@gmail.com <javascript:>> 
> wrote:
>
> I think my last answer was wrong. I tried to upgrade and got this:
>
> ~# easy_install -U django_evolution
> Searching for django-evolution
> Reading http://downloads.reviewboard.org/releases/ReviewBoard/1.6/
> Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/django_evolution/
> Reading http://code.google.com/p/django-evolution/
> Best match: django-evolution 0.6.9
> Processing django_evolution-0.6.9-py2.6.egg
> django-evolution 0.6.9 is already the active version in easy-install.pth
>
> Using 
> /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/django_evolution-0.6.9-py2.6.egg
> Processing dependencies for django-evolution
> Finished processing dependencies for django-evolution
>
> On Monday, April 8, 2013 1:57:20 PM UTC-4, Christian Hammond wrote:
>>
>> Try upgrading to 0.6.9. There were a lot of fixes that went in since your 
>> version.
>>
>> Christian
>>
>>
>> On Apr 8, 2013, at 10:53, Chris Eagan <cea...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> 0.6.7-py2.6
>>
>> On Monday, April 8, 2013 1:46:57 PM UTC-4, Christian Hammond wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Chris,
>>>
>>> What version of the django_evolution module is installed?
>>>
>>> Christian
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> Christian Hammond - chi...@chipx86.com
>>> Review Board - http://www.reviewboard.org
>>> Beanbag, Inc. - http://www.beanbaginc.com
>>>  
>>>
>>> On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 8:35 AM, Chris Eagan <cea...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>> I attempted to perfom an upgrade of one of our ReviewBoard 
>>>> installations and I have run into a problem. The first server upgraded 
>>>> fine, but this one is not working. I folloed some of the recommendations 
>>>> in 
>>>> another post, but I was not successful. Thank you for any help you can 
>>>> provide.****
>>>>
>>>> ** **
>>>>
>>>> ~$ sudo rb-site upgrade /var/lib/reviewboard****
>>>>
>>>> Rebuilding directory structure****
>>>>
>>>> Upgrading site settings_local.py****
>>>>
>>>> Updating database. This may take a while.****
>>>>
>>>> ** **
>>>>
>>>> The log output below, including warnings and errors,****
>>>>
>>>> can be ignored unless upgrade fails.****
>>>>
>>>> ** **
>>>>
>>>> ------------------ <begin log output> ------------------****
>>>>
>>>> Creating tables ...****
>>>>
>>>> Creating table extensions_registeredextension****
>>>>
>>>> Creating table diffviewer_filediffdata****
>>>>
>>>> Upgrading Review Board from 1.6.11 to 1.7.6****
>>>>
>>>> There are unapplied evolutions for auth.****
>>>>
>>>> There are unapplied evolutions for accounts.****
>>>>
>>>> There are unapplied evolutions for diffviewer.****
>>>>
>>>> There are unapplied evolutions for reviews.****
>>>>
>>>> Adding baseline version for new models****
>>>>
>>>> Project signature has changed - an evolution is required****
>>>>
>>>> Installing custom SQL ...****
>>>>
>>>> Installing indexes ...****
>>>>
>>>> Installed 0 object(s) from 0 fixture(s)****
>>>>
>>>> *The stored evolutions do not completely resolve all model changes.*
>>>>
>>>> Run `./manage.py evolve --hint` to see a suggestion for the changes 
>>>> required.****
>>>>
>>>> ** **
>>>>
>>>> The following are the changes that could not be resolved:****
>>>>
>>>> In model scmtools.Repository:****
>>>>
>>>>     Field 'extra_data' has been added****
>>>>
>>>>     Field 'hosting_account' has been added****
>>>>
>>>> *Error: Your models contain changes that Django Evolution cannot 
>>>> resolve automati*                                                          
>>>>          
>>>> *cally.*
>>>>
>>>> ~$ sudo -i****
>>>>
>>>> ~# mysqldump -p reviewboard > reviewboard.sql****
>>>>
>>>> ~# rb-site manage /var/lib/reviewboard dumpdata django_evolution > 
>>>> django_evolution.json****
>>>>
>>>> ~# sudo easy_install -U django_evolution****
>>>>
>>>> ~# rb-site manage /var/lib/reviewboard list-evolutions****
>>>>
>>>> Applied evolutions for 'sessions':****
>>>>
>>>>     session_expire_date_db_index****
>>>>
>>>> ** **
>>>>
>>>> Applied evolutions for 'accounts':****
>>>>
>>>>     is_private****
>>>>
>>>> ** **
>>>>
>>>> Applied evolutions for 'changedescs':****
>>>>
>>>>     fields_changed_longtext****
>>>>
>>>> ** **
>>>>
>>>> Applied evolutions for 'diffviewer':****
>>>>
>>>>     add_parent_diffs****
>>>>
>>>>     filediff_filenames_1024_chars****
>>>>
>>>>     diffset_basedir****
>>>>
>>>>     filediff_status****
>>>>
>>>> ** **
>>>>
>>>> Applied evolutions for 'reviews':****
>>>>
>>>>     change_descriptions****
>>>>
>>>>     last_review_timestamp****
>>>>
>>>>     shipit_count****
>>>>
>>>>     default_reviewer_repositories****
>>>>
>>>>     null_repository****
>>>>
>>>>     localsite****
>>>>
>>>>     group_incoming_request_count****
>>>>
>>>>     group_invite_only****
>>>>
>>>>     group_visible****
>>>>
>>>>     default_reviewer_local_site****
>>>>
>>>>     add_issues_to_comments****
>>>>
>>>>     file_attachments****
>>>>
>>>> ** **
>>>>
>>>> Applied evolutions for 'scmtools':****
>>>>
>>>>     bugzilla_url_charfield****
>>>>
>>>>     repository_raw_file_url****
>>>>
>>>>     repository_visible****
>>>>
>>>>     repository_path_length_255****
>>>>
>>>>     localsite****
>>>>
>>>>     repository_access_control****
>>>>
>>>>     group_site****
>>>>
>>>>     repository_hosting_accounts****
>>>>
>>>>     repository_extra_data_null****
>>>>
>>>> ** **
>>>>
>>>> ~# rb-site manage /var/lib/reviewboard shell****
>>>>
>>>> Python 2.6.5 (r265:79063, Oct  1 2012, 22:04:36)****
>>>>
>>>> [GCC 4.4.3] on linux2****
>>>>
>>>> Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.*
>>>> ***
>>>>
>>>> (InteractiveConsole)****
>>>>
>>>> >>> exit()****
>>>>
>>>> ~# rb-site upgrade /var/lib/reviewboard****
>>>>
>>>> Rebuilding directory structure****
>>>>
>>>> Updating database. This may take a while.****
>>>>
>>>> ** **
>>>>
>>>> The log output below, including warnings and errors,****
>>>>
>>>> can be ignored unless upgrade fails.****
>>>>
>>>> ** **
>>>>
>>>> ------------------ <begin log output> ------------------****
>>>>
>>>> Creating tables ...****
>>>>
>>>> There are unapplied evolutions for auth.****
>>>>
>>>> There are unapplied evolutions for accounts.****
>>>>
>>>> There are unapplied evolutions for diffviewer.****
>>>>
>>>> There are unapplied evolutions for reviews.****
>>>>
>>>> Project signature has changed - an evolution is required****
>>>>
>>>> Installing custom SQL ...****
>>>>
>>>> Installing indexes ...****
>>>>
>>>> Installed 0 object(s) from 0 fixture(s)****
>>>>
>>>> *The stored evolutions do not completely resolve all model changes.*
>>>>
>>>> Run `./manage.py evolve --hint` to see a suggestion for the changes 
>>>> required.****
>>>>
>>>> ** **
>>>>
>>>> The following are the changes that could not be resolved:****
>>>>
>>>> In model scmtools.Repository:****
>>>>
>>>>     Field 'extra_data' has been added****
>>>>
>>>>     Field 'hosting_account' has been added****
>>>>
>>>> *Error: Your models contain changes that Django Evolution cannot 
>>>> resolve automatically.*
>>>>
>>>> ** **
>>>>
>>>> -Chris Eagan****
>>>>
>>>> ** **
>>>>
>>>> -- 
>>>> Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at 
>>>> http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/
>>>> Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/
>>>> -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
>>>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
>>>> reviewboard...@googlegroups.com
>>>> For more options, visit this group at 
>>>> http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en
>>>> --- 
>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google 
>>>> Groups "reviewboard" group.
>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send 
>>>> an email to reviewboard...@googlegroups.com.
>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>>>>  
>>>>  
>>>>
>>>
>>>  -- 
>> Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at 
>> http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/
>> Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/
>> -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
>> reviewboard...@googlegroups.com
>> For more options, visit this group at 
>> http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en
>> --- 
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
>> "reviewboard" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
>> email to reviewboard...@googlegroups.com.
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>>  
>>  
>>
>>  -- 
> Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at 
> http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/
> Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/
> -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
> reviewboard...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>
> For more options, visit this group at 
> http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en
> --- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "reviewboard" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to reviewboard...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>  
>  
>
>

-- 
Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at 
http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/
Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
reviewboard+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"reviewboard" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to reviewboard+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Reply via email to