Ok, maybe I am totally missing something, but bear with me.  Went through
the docs a couple of times, and searched through this group for the answer.

I am only evaluating review board for my organization right now.   We do
not use a git server or gitweb or the like.  We simply have a cm controlled
git repository, and a local developer git repository cloned from CM  The
developer creates branches based on a change, and currently we use meld
combined with a perl script for code review like "git meld
master...<dev_branch>".  Perhaps this is a barbaric way to use git, we just
transitioned recently, this is simple, and it works.

So, is there a way to use Review board in this manner, with only a local
repo?  From the docs, from what I can see, if I do not have any hosting
service, the only requirement to add a Git repository is a Name, Repository
type, and Path, which should be the path containing the .git directory.
If I do this, it states "Unable to retrieve information for local Git
repository".  I have made sure the repo, including the .git objects are
world readable.

Any help would be appreciated.