I also have just a spinner

When I fist tried your suggestion it gave an authentication error. But I
noticed a double // in the URL. Removing the trailing backslash from the base
URL made the authentication error go away. But I still get the spinner. Now
trying location.reload(true) gives no error at all. It just causes the pop up
to flash and continue spinning.

I can see reviewboard in the browser fine. Also, if I put the base URL +
api/session in the browser directly I get an XML document showing that I am
correctly authenticated.