We have 1.7.6 in production on a linux server. I posted a review of a php
file with whitespace-only diffs on one line. When I view it on reviewboard
it won't show me the diff.  With these settings:

+ Expand Changes    + Show Whitespace changes

I see the message:

"This file contains only whitespace changes."

That makes sense.  When I click on the 'Show Whitespace changes' box, I
still don't see any diff.

I posted the same exact review to my 1.6 sandbox, and there it behaves the
way I would expect, namely when I click on the "Show Whitespace changes", I
see my 1 line diff.

This is a serious problem because those whitespace differences are not
leading/trailing spaces and they're significant to the change under review.

I compared my site settings for the diff viewer, I don't see anything that
jumps out at me. Maybe something will jump out at you:

# 1.6 server that behaves the way I want
 u'diffviewer_context_num_lines': 5,
 u'diffviewer_include_space_patterns': [u''],
 u'diffviewer_max_diff_size': 0,
 u'diffviewer_paginate_by': 20,
 u'diffviewer_paginate_orphans': 10,
 u'diffviewer_show_trailing_whitespace': False,
 u'diffviewer_syntax_highlighting': True,
 u'diffviewer_syntax_highlighting_threshold': 0,

# 1.7.6 server that does not behave the way I want
 u'diffviewer_context_num_lines': 7,
 u'diffviewer_include_space_patterns': [u''],
 u'diffviewer_max_diff_size': 0,
 u'diffviewer_paginate_by': 10,
 u'diffviewer_paginate_orphans': 3,
 u'diffviewer_show_trailing_whitespace': False,
 u'diffviewer_syntax_highlighting': True,
 u'diffviewer_syntax_highlighting_threshold': None,

I don't know why the last setting is 0 for 1.6 and None for 1.7. They seem
logically the same and not related to whitespace, but I obviously don't
know that for sure. The 1.7.6 database was migrated from a 1.5 server so
maybe that's why.  The 1.6 sandbox was created from scratch.

Is this a bug, or do I have something misconfigured?

--Steve