Yes, I totally agree. There is no security advantage to be gained. For our
case, any user (and reviewboard has its own user) on our network has a
password protected rsa key pair so to set up reviewboard required some
hoops to be jumped through. Allowing a password just makes setup simpler :)

Back to the OT.... I definitely think a more informative key error message
would be good, i.e. why is the rsa key i provided bad?

Tim