Yes, I totally agree. There is no security advantage to be gained. For our
case, any user (and reviewboard has its own user) on our network has a
password protected rsa key pair so to set up reviewboard required some
hoops to be jumped through. Allowing a password just makes setup simpler :)

Back to the OT.... I definitely think a more informative key error message
would be good, i.e. why is the rsa key i provided bad?

On Tuesday, April 30, 2013 9:19:11 PM UTC+1, wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to upload an id_rsa private key to reviewboard to authenticate
> with Git repo, but it fails with the error
> Uploading SSH key failed: This SSH key is not a valid RSA or DSS key
> Permissions on id_rsa were set using chmod 600
> Thanks,

Happy user? Let us know at
For more options, visit