I get the same response  -
C:\Workspace\Kite\Server\kite_server>svn diff
C:\Workspace\Kite\Server\kite_server\Kite\src\main\java\edu\kite\controller\QuizController.java
svn: E150000:
'C:\Workspace\Kite\Server\kite_server\Kite\src\main\java\edu\kite\controller\QuizController.java'

is not under version control

>svn --version
svn, version 1.7.8 (r1419691)
   compiled Dec 12 2012, 21:11:09