On Friday, April 19, 2013 3:24:41 PM UTC+3, James Rice wrote:
> Ok, maybe I am totally missing something, but bear with me.  Went through
> the docs a couple of times, and searched through this group for the answer.
> I am only evaluating review board for my organization right now.   We do
> not use a git server or gitweb or the like.  We simply have a cm controlled
> git repository, and a local developer git repository cloned from CM  The
> developer creates branches based on a change, and currently we use meld
> combined with a perl script for code review like "git meld
> master...<dev_branch>".  Perhaps this is a barbaric way to use git, we just
> transitioned recently, this is simple, and it works.
> So, is there a way to use Review board in this manner, with only a local
> repo?  From the docs, from what I can see, if I do not have any hosting
> service, the only requirement to add a Git repository is a Name, Repository
> type, and Path, which should be the path containing the .git directory.
> If I do this, it states "Unable to retrieve information for local Git
> repository".  I have made sure the repo, including the .git objects are
> world readable.
> Any help would be appreciated.

I think I'm looking for an answer to the same thing. We keep all Git
repos/branches on the server and use remote application UI for making
commits directly on the server. So I would need RB to show all repos and
branches on the local drive.

Before I spend some hours trying to debug something that was never supposed
to work, I'd like to ask here can RB do this?