We have a custom authentication backend we use to authenticate via ldap.
 Other than that, it's out-of-the-box.  The server is brand new, so RB 1.7
was newly installed.  However, our database schema has migrated from 1.0 to
1.5 to 1.7.6.  Any chance of an old configuration setting in the database
having any impact on this?

--Steve