Thanks for the example - I keep forgetting about rb-site shell.  It's
nifty.  Here's what I get:

# rb-site manage /var/www/reviewboard shell
Python 2.6.6 (r266:84292, Sep 11 2012, 08:34:23)
(InteractiveConsole)
>>> from django.contrib.auth.models import User
>>> u = User.objects.get(username="xxxx")
>>> u.is_superuser
False
>>> u.is_staff
False
>>> u.has_perm('reviewrequest.can_change_status')
False
>>> u.has_perm('reviewrequest.can_edit_reviewrequest')
False