Please forgive me for raising this issue as I believe it has been raised
a couple of times over the years but I didn't see a resolution to those
issues and I'm seeing it with post-review 0.5.1. I hope you don't mind.

  I have the following branch setup...

  |- xxx (feature-x)
  |- xxx
  |- xxx
  |- yyy (develop)
  |- yyy
  |- zzz (master) (git-svn)

...where xxx, yyy and zzz are commits.

As far as I understand it, to post a review of just the changes introduced
by feature-x excluding the changes introduced by develop I use the --parent
flag set to "develop". If I do this the command fails with an error about a
NoneType (see debug output below). I believe the cause of the issue is that
post-review tries to do a git svn find-rev on the yyy commits which aren't
in SVN, so the find-rev returns nothing and post-review fails.

Am I doing the right with the parent flag and if I am is there any chance
that post-review could support this case in the future?

I can work around this issue by creating a new branch from feature-x and
rebasing that branch directly on master and raise the review from that
branch without supplying the parent flag. Although this workaround exists
the workflow is not ideal. Apologies if it's just me doing something stupid.

Thanks for your help.

(Please note I've changed some of the path values in the debug below to
obfuscate private info)
>>> RBTools 0.5.1
>>> Python 2.7.4 (default, Apr 19 2013, 18:28:01)
[GCC 4.7.3]
>>> Running on Linux-3.8.0-26-generic-x86_64-with-Ubuntu-13.04-raring
>>> Home = /home/alex
>>> Current Directory = /path/to/dev/dir
>>> Checking the repository type. Errors shown below are mostly harmless.
DEBUG:root:Checking for a Subversion repository...
DEBUG:root:Running: svn info --non-interactive
DEBUG:root:Command exited with rc 1: ['svn', 'info', '--non-interactive']
svn: E155007: '/path/to/dev/dir' is not a working copy
DEBUG:root:Checking for a Git repository...
DEBUG:root:Running: git rev-parse --git-dir
DEBUG:root:Running: git config core.bare
DEBUG:root:Running: git rev-parse --show-toplevel
DEBUG:root:Running: git symbolic-ref -q HEAD
DEBUG:root:Running: git svn info
DEBUG:root:repository info: Path: http://someserver/svn/repo, Base path:
/trunk, Supports changesets: False
>>> Finished checking the repository type.
>>> HTTP GETting api/info/
DEBUG:root:Running: git merge-base develop refs/heads/feature-x
DEBUG:root:Running: git diff --no-color --no-prefix --no-ext-diff -r -u
DEBUG:root:Running: git svn find-rev develop
DEBUG:root:Running: git diff --no-color --no-prefix --no-ext-diff -r -u
DEBUG:root:Running: git svn find-rev
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/post-review", line 9, in <module>
    load_entry_point('RBTools==0.5.1', 'console_scripts', 'post-review')()
line 1334, in main
    if len(diff) == 0:
TypeError: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()