On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 4:06 AM, Stephen Gallagher <
step...@gallagherhome.com> wrote:

> On 08/21/2013 04:41 AM, xuh...@gmail.com wrote:
> >
> >   *it seems many people meet same problem, but don't find a good
> solution*
> >

> >   it seems many people meet that problem, but can't find a good solution
> >

> >   Manual server updates required
> >
> > A recent upgrade requires manual updates to be made on this server.
> > After these changes are made, you should restart your server.
> >
> > If you have any questions or problems, please contact us on our mailing
> > list <http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard>.
> >

> >   Data directory changes
> >
> > Your site's data directory isn't properly set up. This directory is
> > where Review Board will store various state and configuration needed to
> > access repositories.
> >
> > Your data directory is currently
> > at: /space/work/tflex_builder/192.168.58.238/data
> >

> >       Permission problems
> >
> > The data directory must be writable by the web server. On
> > Linux/Unix/Mac, you can fix this by typing:
> >
> >     $ sudo chown -R root "/space/work/tflex_builder/192.168.58.238/data"
> >
> > On Windows, right-click the data directory and change the ownership
> > to root and restart the server.
> >

> >   Extensions media directory changes
> >
> > Your site's extensions media directory isn't properly set up. This
> > directory is where Review Board will store various extension media files.
> >
> > Your extensions media directory is currently
> > at:/space/work/tflex_builder/192.168.58.238/htdocs/media/ext
> >

> >       Permission problems
> >
> > The directory must be writable by the web server. On Linux/Unix/Mac, you
> > can fix this by typing:
> >
> >     $ sudo chown -R root "/space/work/tflex_builder/
> 192.168.58.238/htdocs/media/ext"
> >
> > On Windows, right-click the data directory and change the ownership to
> root.
> >

> Well, the obvious question here is whether you followed the 'chown'
> instructions above, since it should be telling you exactly what you need
> to do for ReviewBoard to start working. (You will also need to restart
> apache httpd).

It concerns me that the server is running as root. This is a very bad
thing, and you should revisit your server setup.

If root is unable to access that directory, make sure it exists. If it does
not, then something weird happened with your rb-site install.

If it does exist, and SELinux is enabled, that may be the cause.