On 2013-08-22 15:35, Christian Hammond wrote:
On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 11:32 AM, Matthew Woehlke  wrote:
So I took a look at api-get, but can't figure out how to get individual
fields out of a request. Am I missing something? (Note: I need to do this
in shell, and don't know of an easy way to parse JSON in shell; I was
hoping rbt would do that for me...)

[snip]

What I'd recommend is doing the api-get, and then using a command line JSON
parser intended for scripting. One such tool is jq:
http://stedolan.github.io/jq/.

Bleh. RBTools itself is bad enough as an external dependency for my target audience. Adding another, even more esoteric dependency is pretty low on my list of desired solutions.

Ah, well, I was wanting to rewrite the whole thing in Python anyway :-). (Trying to do that and skirt around where RBTools wants a deprecated optparse... now that's interesting...)

--
Matthew