On 2013-08-23 07:43, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
On 08/22/2013 05:02 PM, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
Ah, well, I was wanting to rewrite the whole thing in Python anyway :-).
(Trying to do that and skirt around where RBTools wants a deprecated
optparse... now that's interesting...)

optparse is deprecated, not removed.

Sure, but (1) I'd prefer to not have any more barriers than necessary for eventually moving my code to Python 3.x (e.g. I'm also trying to respect some syntax issues with 2 vs. 3 that I know about), and honsetly (2) I like argparse better :-).

Anyway, as it turns out I don't want to be calling all of rbt's option handling anyway, so it becomes more an 'issue' that I need to synthesize an 'options' object with the attributes that the pieces I'm calling expect to be there.

--
Matthew