On Aug 27, 2013, at 11:07, I wrote:

> But now I have another problem.  During this upgrade, the paths to the RB
> site have changed slightly, and after the installation I get a message about
> a missing htdocs/media/uploaded directory using he old path.  So I guess that
> somewhere in the database the old path is stored.  Remember, you guys
> suggested that I delete the new database before importing the old one.  How
> do I fix this?

OK, I figured this out myself.  I searched for the old path in the MySQL dump
file and changed all instances to the new path.  So far, so good.  The only
problem I have is that I can't log in to the new ReviewBoard server.  Even the
local account doesn't work.  How do I debug authentication failures?  The local
account was created with the following command:

    rb-site install --console --noinput --domain-name=$RB_DOMAIN --site-root=/
--db-type=mysql --db-name=reviewboard --db-host=localhost --db-user=rb
--db-pass="$RB_PASSWORD" \
    --cache-type=memcached --web-server-type=apache --python-loader=wsgi
--admin-user=admin --admin-password="$RB_PASSWORD" --admin-email=$RB_EMAIL
--cache-info=localhost:11211 $RB_SITE

> Also, I guess I have to copy the contents of
> htdocs/media/uploaded/{images,files} from the old server to the new so that
> all the uploaded files and images from the old server are available on the
> new server.  And I also have to copy the secret key into settings_local.py.
> Anything else that needs to be done to migrate the data to the new server?  I
> think I am getting close.

I ended up adding the following lines to my script to copy all the relevant
data from the old instance to the new:

    rsync -av $RB_SITE_OLD/htdocs/media/uploaded/.
    cp -pr $RB_SITE_OLD/data/.ssh $RB_SITE/data
    sed -i.orig "s/SECRET_KEY = '.*'/$(grep SECRET_KEY
$RB_SITE_OLD/conf/settings_local.py)/" $RB_SITE/conf/settings_local.py

Is there anything else I may have missed?