I'm using RB 1.7.13 and from experimentation and reading the Administration
Guide, it appears that via the Invite mechanism you can control who is
added to a review group.  I'd like to be able to take this a step further
and restrict users from removing themselves from a review group, but I
don't see any way to enforce this.  Is there an option that I am
overlooking?

The logic here would be that someone with administrative-type privileges
(let's call him the Code Review Manager) defines sets of review groups to
correspond to different portions of a code base.  The users in these groups
(those who are to be the actual reviewers or observers) shall be defined by
the Manager and users shall not be able to opt themselves from being a
member of this group.

Thanks,
Griffin Myers