On Tuesday, September 10, 2013 1:51:56 PM UTC-7, Christian Hammond wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> You shouldn't need to clear the cache. Something is wrong, though. We know
> of servers reliably handling thousands if users every day.
>
> How much memory have you given memcached?

We're using the default settings, which allow 1024 connections and
allocates 64MB of memory.  I didn't realize until just now that it was only
using 64MB of memory.  I'm going to bump that to 2GB

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU 5160 @ 3.00GHz with 16 GB RAM

> What kind of repositories are you using?

Perfore exclusively.

> Are there any gigantic, multi-megabyte files it's working with (diffs or
> in the repository)?

I can't say off hand - I'd have to check that.  We do sometimes get people
trying to post reviews with large numbers of files.  We've discouraged that
but haven't stopped it completely.

> Can you show the Apache limits in your config?

I will need your help finding that information.  Are you just asking for
the main apache conf file? Or the rb conf file?

Hopefully, bumping the memory on memcached will resolve this.

--Steve