Even with this checkbox checked, the state of "Public Read-only access" is
always disabled.   If I look at the site configuration in the admin
database :Change site Configuration" page, settings has
u'auth_require_sitewide_login': False in it.  I poked around in the code
and auth_anonymous_access is initialized to the inverse of this setting.
And the "Public Read-only Access" state is driven by this variable.  So I'm
at a loss as to why this is not behaving like it should. The verison of RB
that I am running is 1.7.9 with Python 2.6, Oracle Linux 6.4 x86_64.