This looks like some weird issue with missing CSS or something.

Can you check three things for me:

1) Open Chrome's JavaScript console, reload the page, activate the editor,
and see if there are any JavaScript errors.
2) Open the Network tab in the developer tools, reload the page, and see if
there are any 404 errors when trying to load any stylesheets.
3) Show me the `ls -l` contents of /path/to/site/htdocs/static/

Also, are there any Chrome extensions you have in common between the
machines?