On Wednesday, June 5, 2013 5:00:38 PM UTC-6, Christian Hammond wrote:

> On Jun 5, 2013, at 2:43 PM, kegstand <kegs...@gmail.com <javascript:>>
> wrote:
>
> > Thank you for your help.
> >
> > I noticed most of my tables were MyISAM.
> > I made the default engine for my mysql install be "MyISAM".
> >
> > I converted a few tables to MyISAM:
> >
> > mysql> ALTER TABLE diffviewer_filediffdata ENGINE = MyISAM ;
> > Query OK, 4582 rows affected (0.12 sec)
> > Records: 4582  Duplicates: 0  Warnings: 0
> >
> > mysql> ALTER TABLE extensions_registeredextension ENGINE = MyISAM ;
> > Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.01 sec)
> > Records: 0  Duplicates: 0  Warnings: 0
> >
> > mysql> ALTER TABLE hostingsvcs_hostingserviceaccount ENGINE = MyISAM ;
> > Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
> > Records: 0  Duplicates: 0  Warnings: 0
> >
> > mysql> ALTER TABLE reviews_reviewrequest_depends_on ENGINE = MyISAM ;
> > Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.01 sec)
> > Records: 0  Duplicates: 0  Warnings: 0
> >
> > now rb-site upgrade works
> >
> > now I will go drink heavily.
> >

> I know your pain :) Glad it's working. Enjoy the drink!

Hey there.  I've been following along and getting very excited that this
would fix my problem (the same errors, etc), but no: I still have the
problem.

To summarize:

   - Mysql server 5.5 provided by package maintainers for Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS
   - All my tables are MyISAM
   - Installed via easy_install
   - Restoring database from mysqldump backup

Once I restore the DB, RB complains that rb-site upgrade needs run.
When I run rb-site upgrade I get:

root@ltc-wiki:/var/www/reviews/htdocs/media# rb-site upgrade
/var/www/reviews
Rebuilding directory structure
Updating database. This may take a while.

The log output below, including warnings and errors,
can be ignored unless upgrade fails.

------------------ <begin log output> ------------------
Creating tables ...
There are unapplied evolutions for accounts.
There are unapplied evolutions for attachments.
There are unapplied evolutions for diffviewer.
There are unapplied evolutions for hostingsvcs.
There are unapplied evolutions for reviews.
Project signature has changed - an evolution is required
Installing custom SQL ...
Installing indexes ...
Installed 0 object(s) from 0 fixture(s)
*Error: Error applying evolution: (1005, "Can't create table
'reviewboard.#sql-5165_66' (errno: 150)")*

Ok, so I want to see the mutations, etc:

 root@ltc-wiki:/var/www/reviews/htdocs/media# rb-site manage
/var/www/reviews evolve -- --hint
#----- Evolution for accounts
from django_evolution.mutations import AddField, ChangeField
from djblets.util.fields import JSONField

MUTATIONS = [
    AddField('Profile', 'extra_data', JSONField, null=True),
    ChangeField('Profile', 'timezone', initial=None, max_length=30),
    AddField('LocalSiteProfile', 'permissions', JSONField, null=True)
]
#----------------------
#----- Evolution for attachments
from django_evolution.mutations import AddField, ChangeField
from django.db import models

MUTATIONS = [
    AddField('FileAttachment', 'orig_filename', models.CharField,
max_length=256, null=True),
    ChangeField('FileAttachment', 'file', initial=None, max_length=512)
]
#----------------------
#----- Evolution for diffviewer
from django_evolution.mutations import AddField
from django.db import models

MUTATIONS = [
    AddField('DiffSet', 'base_commit_id', models.CharField, max_length=64,
null=True, db_index=True)
]
#----------------------
#----- Evolution for hostingsvcs
from django_evolution.mutations import AddField
from django.db import models

MUTATIONS = [
    AddField('HostingServiceAccount', 'hosting_url', models.CharField,
max_length=255, null=True)
]
#----------------------
#----- Evolution for reviews
from django_evolution.mutations import AddField
from django.db import models

MUTATIONS = [
    AddField('ReviewRequest', 'depends_on', models.ManyToManyField,
null=True, related_model='reviews.ReviewRequest'),
    AddField('ReviewRequestDraft', 'depends_on', models.ManyToManyField,
null=True, related_model='reviews.ReviewRequest')
]
#----------------------
Trial evolution successful.
Run './manage.py evolve --hint --execute' to apply evolution.

So, I want to nix some stuff, so I do:

alter table accounts_profile drop column extra_data;
alter table accounts_localsiteprofile drop column permissions;
alter table diffviewer_diffset drop column base_commit_id;
alter table attachments_fileattachment drop column orig_filename;
alter table diffviewer_diffset drop column base_commit_id;
alter table hostingsvcs_hostingserviceaccount drop column hosting_url;
drop table reviews_reviewrequest_depends_on;
drop table reviews_reviewrequestdraft_depends_on;

Ok, I should be able to do this now, right?
Wrong:

root@ltc-wiki:/var/www/reviews/htdocs/media# rb-site upgrade
/var/www/reviews
Rebuilding directory structure
Updating database. This may take a while.

The log output below, including warnings and errors,
can be ignored unless upgrade fails.

------------------ <begin log output> ------------------
Creating tables ...
There are unapplied evolutions for accounts.
There are unapplied evolutions for attachments.
There are unapplied evolutions for diffviewer.
There are unapplied evolutions for hostingsvcs.
There are unapplied evolutions for reviews.
Project signature has changed - an evolution is required
Installing custom SQL ...
Installing indexes ...
Installed 0 object(s) from 0 fixture(s)
Error: Error applying evolution: (1005, "Can't create table
'reviewboard.#sql-5165_69' (errno: 150)")

 Can I get some help here?

Thanks in advance.

Adam D