Hi All,
I managed to do something similar to #2 in the original request, which is
allow Reviewboard to be able to run certain commands on a build/test node
after a patch is uploaded. This is done as a reviewboard extension along
with a ReviewBot plugin that does the actual command execution after the
SCM operation and patches are applied.

I dont have this available publicly yet even though the basic setup works,
but I wanted to get some feedback on what will be helpful as a generic
extension. I also posted a video (Sorry about the poor video quality) at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYWeXUTeU3A that outlines the entire flow.

How this works:
Once this extension is installed, you can configure your repositories by
specifying the node on which your build/test commands should be run. On top
of that, you could upload some files that will be copied after the checkout
and patch are applied. These are typically property files that contain
per-developer information and not checked into any repository. You can copy
any number of files to the target node. After this, you specify the
commands that need to be run on the build/test node. There can be many
command sets (each command set runs on a particular directory and the
directory is configurable). You can add/delete command sets using the UI.
For e.g. you might want to update your codebase by running a composer
update (for php), bundle install etc. and then run other commands in a
different directory. Once all this configured, any patches that are posted
against that repository will be run on the configured node and the output
of those commands are posted back to Reviewboard as review comment.

Features:
* Support SVN And GitHub Public repositories
* No need for specialized software on the Client. This uses Ansible, so
just SSH needs to work between the reviewbot node and configured node.
* Ability to copy files after the checkout/patch is completed
* Ability to run any commands after checkout/patch is completed
* Output (Success/Failure) posted to Reviewboard as a comment.

Todo:
* PubKey authentication between the 2 nodes.
* PubKey auth support for SCMs to checkout in the build/test node
* Markdown support in the Review comment. I started this on Reviewboard 2.0
but since Reviewbot dint work on that, I downgraded to 1.7 and 1.7 doesnt
support Markdown.
* Store the output somewhere else (maybe as part of extension) and only
show them when requested rather than dump them as a review comment.
Sometimes the output is too big and may not be very useful

I used the ReviewBot plugin to get the notification from Reviewboard on
updating a patch and Ansible for calling into the remote node. Thanks a lot
to the reviewboard and reviewbot developers -- the extension mechanism just
rocks!

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. I will setup this entire thing on a
openshift node (one for the server and one for the target node) this
weekend so you can play with it.

Regards
Raja

Raja