Dhananjay,

The extensions documentation can be found here:
http://www.reviewboard.org/docs/manual/dev/extending/

Of particular interest if you want to add support for reviewing additional
file types is the Review UI section:
http://www.reviewboard.org/docs/manual/dev/extending/extensions/review-ui/

Note that adding support for word documents is not something that can be
done quickly or easily. The Review Board Power Pack (a commercial
extension) includes document review features which allow you to upload PDF
files (which you could save from your word documents) and comment on them.
See http://www.reviewboard.org/powerpack/ for more info on that.

-David