Your database dump appears incomplete. Try dumping with
--max_allowed_packet=512M (large packet to avoid truncation). Check your
1.5.X db and verify the table exists in production and in the backup. Also
verify all your tables are InnoDB instead of MYISAM, you can make manual
modification to the table engine without much recourse.

Take a look at my thread, I just migrated 1.5.2 to 1.7.14 on the same
platform as you.

KP