On Monday, April 7, 2014 10:35:04 PM UTC+3, Christian Hammond wrote:

> GitHub doesn't use SSH keys. Instead, when you authenticate, you get an
> API token that represents your access to certain resources.
>
> Is there any extra info in reviewboard.log?

No, reviewboard log was empty. Added some logging statements
into reviewboard/hostingsvcs/github.py to check where the problem was.

Basically github returns 422 erorr with message "Validation Failed".
Reviewboard hides additional error details:

u'errors': [{u'field': u'description', u'code': u'already_exists',
u'resource': u'OauthAccess'}]

Which means that authentication token we are requesting, already exists.
This is because reviewboard, when requesting authentication posts
to https://api.github.com/authorizations with a "note" field that it sets
to "Access for Review Board".
This note field has to be unique per account. So since i already had this
account linked to reviewboard, before my DB crash, the authentication
tokens didn't go anywhere, they were at github. So i simply logged into
github, and deleted the old token from Applications->Personal access tokens.

I think you should add more logging when github throws "Validation Failed"
to show what exactly failed.

P.S. ReviewBoard 2.0 is gorgeous