I've installed Reviewboard and configured it with a Mercurial repository
through the Admin dashboard. Our Mercurial servers use Kerberos
authentication, and not all users have access to all repositories.

When I try to post a review, rbt reports:

ERROR: Error uploading diff

The file was not found in the repository (HTTP 400, API Error 207)

Your review request still exists, but the diff is not attached.

And /var/log/apache2/error.log includes the following error:

[Mon May 12 18:40:08 2014] [error] ERROR:root:HTTP error code 401 when
fetching file from
HTTP Error 401: Authorization Required

It appears that the Reviewboard server is attempting to contact the Hg
server through https, and that it's being denied.

I'm surprised that the server is doing this - I would have expected the
client to be responsible for fetching the appropriate files so that the
user's permissions could be enforced.

How can I configure Reviewboard so that this will work? Do I have to grant
the www-data user permission to read all of our Mercurial repositories?
Even if I do that, will reviewboard correctly negotiate with the server?