Greetings,
I'm had a problem with adding a CVS repository running on CVS 1.11.  I'm
accessing it using ssh with a key and my CVSROOT is valid.  When I click
Save on the "Add Repository" page it returns the message "A repository was
not found at the specified path."  This is on CentOS 6 with both
ReviewBoard 1.7.25 and 2.0rc3.

I found that ReviewBoard is attempting to execute the "rls" cvs command,
which isn't valid until CVS 1.12, which is the 'feature' build.  The
current stable build is 1.11.23 (according
to http://ftp.gnu.org/non-gnu/cvs/source/stable/).  Anyone attempting to
add a CVS server running anything lower than 1.12 is going to fail.  I
suspect that even if the server was 1.12 the operation would still fail if
the client is anything less than 1.12.

I found the problem in
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ReviewBoard-2.0rc3-py2.6.egg/reviewboard/scmtools/cvs.py:

    331     def check_repository(self):
    332         p = SCMTool.popen(['cvs', '-f', '-d', self.cvsroot, '*rls*
'],
    333                           self.local_site_name)
    334         errmsg = six.text_type(p.stderr.read())
    335         if p.wait() != 0:
    336             raise SCMError(errmsg)

I was able to resolve the issue by substituting 'rls' for 'version' on line
332.  Since ReviewBoard is just checking for the return code from CVS it
should function the same.

    331     def check_repository(self):
    332         p = SCMTool.popen(['cvs', '-f', '-d', self.cvsroot, '
*version*'],
    333                           self.local_site_name)
    334         errmsg = six.text_type(p.stderr.read())
    335         if p.wait() != 0:
    336             raise SCMError(errmsg)

I then did a recompile (python -m compileall .) from the
reviewboard/scmtools directory and restarted Apache.

Problem solved.  Thought you might want to know.  Your documentation
indicates that on RHEL/CentOS you can install CVS using "yum install cvs".
 The version included with CentOS 6 is 1.11.23 and will not work without
these modifications.

Thanks,
Jason