Is there a trick to getting a custom field to save/load?

I followed the directions here
(http://www.reviewboard.org/docs/manual/dev/extending/extensions/hooks/review-request-fields-hook/).

I have an extension with a field that appears in one of the main fieldsets
(information or reviewers).

I can edit the field, and press 'enter' to make the field non-editable with
the new value in it. But the value is not being saved. If I reload the
review, the field value is blank again. If I publish the review, it
publishes with no changes made. I went in and overrode the save_value() and
load_value() functions with logging messages. As far as I can tell, they
are never being called. render_value() is being called, but that obviously
doesn't help me much without save/load functionality.

>From the documentation in reviews/fields.py, it looks like save/load should
come automatically with the BaseEditableField class. Is there something I'm
missing? My code is really simple:

class TrelloCardField(BaseEditableField):
    fieldset_id = 'my_trello_card'
    label = 'Trello Card'

class MyReviewboardExtension(Extension):
    is_configurable = False
    def initialize(self):
        ReviewRequestFieldsHook(self, 'reviewers', [TrelloCardField)]

Thanks,
Alan