We support Markdown input now, and for this, we use CodeMirror as the editor.
Unfortunately, this came at the sacrifice of spell checking.

Browsers don’t provide any standard API for spell checking, so there’s not much
that can be done here.

There are third-party plugins people have written to integrate spell checking
into CodeMirror. We can look into these and see if they’re worth including, so
long as they don’t increase the footprint too much.