On July 9, 2014 at 1:50:31 PM, Michael Kopp (michael.f.k...@googlemail.com)

On Mon, Jul 07, 2014 at 11:51:05AM -0700, Christian Hammond wrote:
> How did you install Review Board?
I installed it as an Arch-Linux AUR package -- basically,
python2 setup.py install --root=/usr
was called with the sources from ReviewBoard-2.0.2.tar.gz.

I assume you therefore had proper versions of uglifyjs and lesscss

> This is what I’d expect to see if you have a production install
> without having your web server handling static/ properly.

I'm sorry, but I don't quite get you. How can I check, whether my web
server handels static/ properly? Turning off the review-board .fcgi and
checking, whether all static conetnt is reachable?
You need a rule in your webserver config that handles /static/ and points it to
the correct place on your file system, since Review Board doesn’t handle that
path. This is completely outside the realm of Review Board.

> Basically, Review Board is not expected to handle static/ (nor should
> it) unless it’s a development install straight out of the source tree.

I don't get that either, sorry: You mean, if I had not installed the
package, but just used the built executable?
The /static/ path is completely disabled unless you’re running a development
(DEBUG=True) install straight out of the Git source tree (basically, an install
that is not at all suitable for production usage). This is just to help
development. Review Board should never be responsible for serving static media
files, since it’s jut too slow at it, and it’ll bog down the server.