I wish I had an answer for you, but this is not typical behavior.

I’d try upgrading PySVN. I’d also delete your $sitedir/data/.subversion
directory, to start from scratch.

Make sure the correct username and password are being used in the repository
setup. Don’t specify a username in the URL.

If all that fails.. not sure, really. We’d have to investigate deeper by
actually running code on your server, but we only offer that with support
contracts.