/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ReviewBoard-2.0.1-py2.7.egg/reviewboard/accounts/backends.py
Line 698:
    def get_or_create_user(self, username, request, ad_user_data):
        username = re.sub(INVALID_USERNAME_CHAR_REGEX, '', username).lower()
        logging.error('ActiveDirectoryBackend.get_or_create_user: username
= %s', username)

/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ReviewBoard-2.0.1-py2.7.egg/reviewboard/webapi/resources/review_request.py
Line 1043:
    def _find_user(self, username, local_site, request):
        """Finds a User object matching ``username``.

        This will search all authentication backends, and may create the
        User object if the authentication backend knows that the user
exists.
        """
        username = username.strip()
        ddkflogging.warningsss('trying to find user...')

At this point, I swear there's something simple I'm doing wrong.  (Ubuntu
isn't exactly an OS I use everyday.)