Probably last step but I am stuck there anyway :)

So, I configured the email and found that account I am using does not have
privilege of sending mails on behalf of other users. Asked IT guys to fix
it. They have but now I have problem with plain authentication method. The
diagnosis is based on following log from reviewboard:

- Error sending e-mail notification with subject '<Review request description>'
on behalf of '<user1>' to '<user1>,<user2>,<user3>': *No suitable
authentication method found.*
Traceback (most recent call last):
 line 279, in send_review_mail
 line 276, in send
    return self.get_connection(fail_silently).send_messages([self])
 line 87, in send_messages
    new_conn_created = self.open()
 line 54, in open
    self.connection.login(self.username, self.password)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/smtplib.py", line 611, in login
    raise SMTPException("No suitable authentication method
found.")*SMTPException: No suitable authentication method found.*

*As per question
 I think we require "Plain Text Authentication" method enabled on exchange
server, which might be a no-no (don't know; haven't asked those IT guys yet).
But before I ask them I wanted to know whether there is any other workaround?*

*Is there a way I can use non-plain text authentication method?*

*Appreciate any help,*