Hi Stephen et al.,

I'm trying to get a CentOS7+EPEL install procedure that involves minimal
setup.  My aim is to get most functionality into the distro packages so
that manual steps are reduced.  Thanks for the bugs fixes and support so

Here's a list of the manuals steps still necessary.  I'd like feedback if
any of these can be automated and incorporated in a package.  For those
that remain manual steps, should we update the install documentation to
make this easier for others?

Manual steps following CentOS7 minimal install:

1. Enable EPEL
$ sudo yum install epel-release

2. Install reviewboard, database and memcached
$ sudo yum install ReviewBoard mariadb-server memcached

3. Start database server and secure it
$ sudo systemctl enable mariadb
$ sudo systemctl start mariadb
$ sudo mysql_secure_installation

4. Create database for use by reviewboard
$ mysql -u root -p
> create user review_user@localhost identified by 'review_password';
> create database reviewboard;
> GRANT ALL ON reviewboard.* TO review_user;

5. Create a reviewboard site
$ sudo rb-site install /var/www/reviewboard/

6. Adjust httpd configuration
$ sudo ln -s /var/www/reviewboard.bfs.tsp/conf/apache-wsgi.conf

7. Start web server
$ sudo systemctl enable memcached
$ sudo systemctl start memcached
$ sudo systemctl enable httpd
$ sudo systemctl start httpd

8. Adjust site file permissions
$ sudo chown -R apache /var/www/reviewboard/data

9. Adjust site SELinux permissions
$ sudo setsebool -P httpd_can_network_memcache 1
$ sudo chcon --type=httpd_sys_rw_content_t /var/www/reviewboard/data
$ sudo chcon --type=httpd_sys_rw_content_t
$ sudo chcon --type=httpd_sys_rw_content_t

10. Open port 80 on firewall
$ sudo firewall-cmd --add-port=80/tcp
$ sudo firewall-cmd --permanent --add-port=80/tcp

My understanding of packaging guidelines is that Fedora/RHEL packages
shouldn't start services automatically, so perhaps these steps will always
be necessary.  Also the site directory does not below to the ReviewBoard
package, so only "rb-site" would be able to fix the permission issues
(steps 8 and 9).

Have I missed anything in this list?  Can any of these steps be
incorporated in the ReviewBoard package or within the rb-site command?
Perhaps rb-site could include hooks for distros to plug into their own
customisations, e.g. SELinux configuration on Fedora/RHEL.