Here is one problem I am facing in handling an incremental review request.
Below are the steps:
1) I, as a developer, raised a review request of one of my task-1 completed.
2) After raising the review request, I am doing two things. a) Waiting for
review comments b) Also continuing my development on task-2. (Just for the
information, I have to incorporate those review comments changes which
received in 48 hours of raising the review request.)
3) Now suppose, I completed my development of task-2 in 48 hours. Also I
have incorporated the changes related to the review comments received in
those 48 hours.
4) With all set, now I am planning to raise a review request on same review
ID created in step 1.
5) I update the diff (please mind that new "diff" will contain the review
comments changes along with new code for task-2).
6) The problem here is, when as a reviewer I am reviewing the "diff", I
have a plethora of code which contains the review comments changes along
with new development of task-2. But as a reviewer I was expecting:
a) A separate review request containing only the review comments
b) A separate review request containing only the new development of
Therefore it becomes very hard for the reviewer to verify the code and to
give "Ship it!".
Please mind that as a developer I am not halting my development therefore I
can not do back and forth (maintain a local file and upload the changes
only related to review comments separately and for task-2 separately) due
to time constraints.
Is there anything wrong in the process which I am following or it is just
not possible inside review board for handle this kind of scenario?
Please help me in this regard.
Thanks in Advance
Supercharge your Review Board with Power Pack:
Want us to host Review Board for you? Check out RBCommons:
Happy user? Let us know! https://www.reviewboard.org/users/
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.